Monday, September 15, 2008

Ready Just In Time

We all managed to get ready yesterday just before the power went out. We lost power around 9am and it didn't come back on until about 3:30 or so. We had lots of wind damage in our area. Our neighbor lost her garage and car to a large tree that fell and Tim's parents pretty much totaled their Tahoe when a tree fell on them on the way to church. We were very fortunate that no one was hurt. We had both church services Sunday morning without power. Except for the warm conditions they were both very good services. Many people in our area are still without power and some have lost vehicles, buildings and tobacco barns due to the wind. I've never seen so many power lines snapped off in mid air before. Several of the schools are out this morning because there is no power. There is a lot of corn down in the area but I just talked to Tim and he said ours isn't as bad as it could be. He's fussed all summer that he planted to many beans this year but from the way it looks he may be glad he did now. I lost my trellis at the farm. I hope the clematis and climbing rose can be saved but the trellis is fireword. I'm not the upset, I was wanting to redo it anyway. Maybe I can get some pictures of the storm damage to put up on the blog soon. In the meantime I have some pictures of Riley from yesterday. She is wearing a dress that Ashley's parents bought for her and new shoes (new to her, they were a weerun's sale find). She was making some interesting faces.

No comments: